Hihi! I am Serene Heng:) I was born on 22 December 1988, a huge baby who weighed over 9 pounds. I grew up in a humble house, raised by my adorable parents. I have two elder sisters, 4 nieces, 1 nephew, and 1 rabbit. Hahaha はじめまして。 どうぞよろしくお願いします！
2015 Resolutions1) Learn how to swim
2) Learn to speak the Japanese language
3) Go for dance classes
4) Take part in Oschool Dance Recital
5) Help my P6 students do well for PSLE
6) Decent savings in my bank
7) Run 100km by 2013
Kiehl's: Midnight Recovery Eye
`°•.¸¸.•°` Thursday, September 20, 2012 `°•.¸¸.•°`
leave a comment ( 0 )
Turning 24 this year, I can't help but to panic about signs of ageing manifesting themselves on my face. Albeit gradually, I know that the fine lines and dullness of my skin are here to stay if I continue to be ignorant towards them. I have never been a skincare junkie. I took granted of my used-to-be rather good complexion and thought I would enjoy the elixirs of youth at least throughout my twenties. I was so wrong. Acne started to attack my face and what's left are scars and marks I fought in this war. I began to realise that I shouldn't neglect other parts of my face any more. Henceforth, I became more willing to invest in products that can help me to gain immunity against all antagonists.
Few days ago, I spent SGD 72 on Kiehl's Midnight Eye Recovery cream. It was a hefty sum for a small 15ml tube. Dark circles have accompanied me through my teenage life and I am convinced that no product can ever get rid of them. I have only started using this product for 2 days and I can't comment much on the effectiveness.The product promises younger looking eyes the next morning. One thing I can vow for is that the product is quite good in reducing puffiness of eyes. Last night, I watched The X-factor on Channel 5 and released approximately 1 litre of tears at midnight. We all know how drinking water and crying before bedtime can puff up your eyes the next day. I applied the cream around the under-eyes, lids and the sides before going to sleep. Surprisingly, my eyes didn't look puffy at all this morning. I was impressed.
I have always been a fan of the aroma of lavender. The air freshener I opt for is lavender for sure. So I was quite happy that the cream leave behind a light scent of lavender around my eye area after applying them. The smell was quite faint and I only took in the scent on the finger which I used to apply the cream. Lavender itself has a calming effect which helps to improve your sleep. Did I get a good night sleep? Again, I don't know. I dream every single night and every morning feels the same.
To increase my Return on Investment (ROI), I asked for some samples to try and the sales assistant was happy to let me try them all. She was patient and didn't push me to buy other expensive products on the same day. She informed me about the membership promotion upon spending $120 on a single receipt, but I politely declined. Samples she gave me which are packed nicely in a card envelop:
1) Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner (alcohol-free): I was told that toner is an important step in our skin care regime. Alcohol-free toner would reduce chances of redness on skin caused by sensitivity.
2) Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening concentrate: This is the sister product to Midnight Eye Recovery Cream. To get best results, use the eye-brightening concentrate in the day and eye recovery cream at night. I can't help but to think of Ansoff's Market Penetration strategy here. Tskkk. Are they just the same product but packed into different bottles and labelled with different names? I don't know yet.
3) Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50 PA+++ UVA: This product is said to be one of the top sellers and the protection can last up to 10 hours. My current Biore UV Perfect Milk (click HERE to read the review) is also SPF50.
4) Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate: Another top seller recommended by the sale assistant. The product guarantees to "decrease appearance of marionette lines, crows feet, wrinkles while improving skin texture and radiance." Sounds rather promising, but would it be too strong for my face as the lines aren't really showing yet?
5) Acne Blemish Control Daily Skin-Clearing Treatment: The sales assistant said this product can help to reduce post-acne marks. I hope so!
I will do another post when I "see" the results !